Friday, June 28, 2013

Seven Years & Eight Months

Hi Friends. Just in for a quick little summer update. A few weeks ago Nick and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. He really wanted to get away for a night and even though I didn't want to leave Nora, I reluctantly agreed. We had a very nice time. We went to our favorite spot in Columbus and just had fun. The hotel we always stayed at had just been remodeled so our room was gorgeous and they even upgraded our room so we had one that overlooked the pool.

We arrived Friday afternoon and headed for lunch at a newer burger place called FlipSide. We then went and saw Man of Steel (Nick's pick obviously). Anytime we spend the night down there we have a tradition of going to The Cheesecake Factory as late as we can, we sit at a candlelit table outside, and spend hours chatting over dessert and coffee. We have had some of our best conversations there.

I was so excited for Saturday because I knew Saturday meant I finally got to go to Jeni's! They had just build a Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream where we stay. This is my all time favorite ice cream. They have traveling carts that show up around Columbus and I fell in love with their ice cream a few years back when my Mom and I were at a festival down there. But, I hadn't ever been to one of their store fronts. The day before I delivered Nora four pints of Jeni's ice cream (and a newborn Jeni's onesie) were delivered to my front door in dry ice (making Nick the best hubby ever)! Anyways, so we finally got to go and it was amazing- literally I have never had anything so yummy in my entire life. The down side- now I can't stop thinking about it and I can't wait to get to another Jeni's ASAP. Our anniversary weekend was really wonderful though- and our actual anniversary fell on Father's Day- so Nick felt really loved that day!

Later that week Nora turned 8 months old, which is still so hard to believe. She is spending lots of time on her tummy now. She pushes herself up on her arms so well- like she is always doing pushups, it's so cute. She still hasn't figured out getting her legs under her, but I know we are so close to crawling. She is eating like a champ- we've been through peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, and tons of rice cereal. Next week we start on bananas. Every new thing we give her she eats right up, I think we are pretty lucky there. And she is sleeping just as well. She goes down around 8 or so and wakes up when she hears Nick getting ready for work around 7 or 7:30. I can usually get 2 good naps out of her every day, which is nice. She is just so enjoyable. She has her moods, but for the most part she is a very pleasant baby. And I am still loving every single moment with her and wouldn't trade our time together for anything in the whole world.


Jeni's- My favorite treat on earth (take that, diet)

She is such a beautiful baby


1 comment:

  1. Good post babe! I want to go back to Columbus :)

    ReplyDelete