Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weekend Wedding

Hi Friends. This past weekend I was the Matron of Honor in my dear friend Kristy's wedding. It was so much fun. Friday night was the rehearsal - Kristy surprised all her girls with Pandora bracelets and three charms (each symbolizing Kristy and the wedding). I have never heard of such an elaborate and generous gift for the bridal party...but that's Kristy- always giving. At the dinner that night Nick sat next to the pastor that was going to be marrying Kristy and Keith. They hit it off really well and the pastor ended up asking Nick to preach at the church in May! Pretty exciting stuff. 

Saturday was beautiful- sunny and warm. We all got to the church around one to help Kristy get ready. I forgot how nerve racking the getting ready and waiting can be. However- there was so much laughter coming out of our room- everyone was commenting on the constant giggles. The wedding itself was so sweet- just simple and lovely. And Kristy, being true to herself, made everyone giggle during her vows. Afterwards- poor Kristy nearly passed out during pictures. She refused to eat before the wedding and her blood sugar went crazy. After a coke and a candy bar- she was all smiles. We stopped off at The McKinley Monument before the reception for some quick outdoor pictures. The reception was great as well- and I managed to not screw up the toast! Being part of someone's wedding is such an honor- it was one of the biggest days of her life and I got a front row seat. I am one lucky lady....

The girls...

My handsome date...

Smooch

Essie's "Jamaica Me Crazy" matched my dress perfectly

My bouquet 

No comments:

Post a Comment