Friday, May 31, 2013

The Start of Summer...

Hello Friends! It finally feels like summer has arrived around here, which I am so thankful for. Lately we have had two weddings, a garage sale, a summer festival, a visit to a new church and new small group, Nick preached in Paris, Ohio, and the first trip strolling Nora to the ice cream shop down the road from our house. What's fun about all this is that Nora has so many "firsts." And even though I get a few eye rolls from Nick, I document every single one. With all of these "firsts" we learn a lot- how much she can handle, what things annoy her, what things make her calm. I think because it's just the two of us at home nearly every day- crowds and lots of people trying to get her attention are unpleasant for her. She does fine with noise- but she prefers quiet and one on one interactions for sure. There have been moments I wanted to break down and cry. Then there are the moments, when I feel overcome with joy that this is my new life, my new reality, my new little family of three. I love every minute with her (even the frustrating ones) and wouldn't trade any of it for the world.

I am in the middle of writing out a summer leap list- all the little things I want to do this summer. For example I can't wait to take her to the zoo, swimming at my Mom's house, and give her the first little adventure in a sandbox. Most of the leap list involves little things with Nora- family things. I know somewhere in there we will have to find a little bit of time for just Nick and I. Our anniversary is in a few weeks and we are taking an overnight trip to Columbus- and my Mom is going to watch Nora. I already feel kinda sick about it- I really hate being away from her...but I know Nick and I will have a great time.

I am also thinking about taking just a little bit of a blog hiatus. Lately- well really since Nora has been born I just kinda feel as though I don't have the desire to blog. She really fills my day and I just want to focus on her. I also have a wee bit of writers block...and just feel like my creative side has been in hibernation. My Etsy shop is so neglected, I literally feel shocked when I make a sale because it's in such a sad state. The only ongoing creative thing I am doing is Project Life (it's kind of a new obsession). So Nora's entire life is documented up through mid-May currently- every first you could think of- first time to Target, first time in the Bumbo seat, first time in Jenny Jump Up, first time eating peas...I mean everything! Anyways- and as I have said before, I am really loving sharing photos on Instagram- so quick and simple, but a fun way to connect with people.

So, I am giving myself permission to take a little break from this blog. Posting will be spotty at best. I think I need to take the time to decide if I want to just shut down the blog for good, or if I can come back with a better focus and a bit re-energized. For now friends- hope your summer is starting off wonderfully! XO








1 comment: