Friday, March 1, 2013

Disney Getaway, Part 2

Hello Friends. Monday was our first full day at Disney. Nick had to be at his conference starting at 8:30 AM. I swore I was going to go back to bed after he left, but I couldn't sleep. I decided to get up and sit out on the balcony and eat breakfast. Vacation is the only time you can rationalize eating a cupcake for breakfast because room service is just too expensive. I started reading The Church Planting Wife by Christine Hoover, I had ordered it knowing it would be my vacation read. To be honest- I am not much of a reader, but this book was amazing and I couldn't put it down.

Around 10 AM I hit the pool. The forecast had called for rain- but to my delight it was lovely out- a little cloudy at times, but there was plenty of sunshine. I stayed at the pool until 4- just reading, relaxing, and taking it all in. Unfortunately by the time I realized my skin was red as a lobster- it was clearly too late. I always think I can handle more sun than I can and I always burn to a crisp. You would think I would learn, but I never seem to. The result: the worst sunburn I can ever remember having. Oh, the sting (literally) of regret.

When Nick got done with the conference we went back to Downtown Disney for the evening. We went to The House of Blues for dinner. I had the yummiest goat cheese and veggie flatbread. There was an amazing saxophone player performing that we stopped to watch. We went in a few shops and just enjoyed the atmosphere. We ended the night at Ghirardelli for dessert. It was a really beautiful evening and I was so happy to be there with my wonderful hubby!

Breakfast- Gluten Free/ Vegan Brownie Cupcake from BabyCakes NYC 


My view for six hours in the Florida sun


On the balcony- waiting for Nick to be done with his conference

No comments:

Post a Comment