Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nora: Three Months

Hi Friends. Little Nora turned 3 months old on Saturday. It's hard to even come up with the words- to try and explain what life has been like the past few months. How can I possibly explain how this little girl lights up my life, how she makes my heart want to explode, how she has changed every aspect of my life? I think back to the days when I swore up and down that I never wanted children and yet I sit here and wonder how I ever got along without her? She is amazing. Motherhood is amazing.

Don't get me wrong, there are days that feel like they will never end. Nick is gone 12 to 14 hours a day during the week. Nora is stubborn like her mother, so if she decides to wake up cranky- my entire day consists of trying to console a cranky baby. There are days she wants held the entire day- forget the to-do list, the shower, eating lunch, or even attempting house work. Being a stay at home momma is the hardest job I have ever had. There is no one to pass her off to, no one to give me a break, no one to give me some relief. But I wouldn't trade a moment of it for the whole world. Being home with her completely sets my priorities. Being home with her is the best decision I ever made.

So what is Nora like at three months? She is full of smiles for Mom and Dad. She loves to kick her legs on the changing table in the morning. She loves to be swaddled. Her new favorite thing is sitting up and looking around (with the help of many pillows and Mom or Dad). She loves to eat (I can't wait to start this girl on cereal soon). She sleeps anywhere from 6 to 10 hours at night (amen). She plays with her favorite doll named Lucy. We think she is just on the verge of laughing-so so close and we can't wait to finally hear it. She hates Mondays (it truly seems like every Monday she stays fussy the entire day). She seems to just have discovered her hands and is very interested. Her three month sized clothes are getting a little tight and so are her size one diapers. And she is a total "Daddy's Girl." Every day is an adventure with this little one, such a beautiful little adventure indeed. XO







1 comment:

  1. She is so beautiful! I can't wait to visit again next time I'm home!

    ReplyDelete