Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bump Update: Week 39

Hello Friends. Just wanted to give everyone a short baby update. I had a doctors appointment this morning that went well. My cervix is 80% effaced (thinned) but I am barely dilated. So, we decided to schedule an induction for Tuesday morning. She may come on her own before then, which would be preferred. If you go on your own, you have a 20% chance of a c-section, if you have to be induced it jumps you up to a 40% chance and you are pretty much guaranteed a longer labor. At this point I feel like I am just along for the ride- if she comes on her own, that's wonderful, if we need to be induced, that's great too. I feel a strange sense of calm at this point...not sure if that will last through the weekend, but right now, I am just relieved to have a date in place...to know that no matter what, Tuesday we are going to get this show on the road! XO



No comments:

Post a Comment