Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Start of Nesting...

Hello Friends. It's been awhile, hasn't it? As with so many things in pregnancy, that you need to experience yourself to believe, I now understand the term "nesting" very well. I don't even really know how to explain it. It almost feels like a switch got turned on inside of me and I can't seem to turn it off. I spend an absurd amount of time each day making lists, working on little house projects, and going in and out of the nursery just looking for things to do. It's a bit exhausting really. I am not sleeping well lately either- because I can't seem to turn my brain off. I keep reading that all this anxiety and anticipation is normal but it makes me feel a bit out of sorts for some reason- a bit pensive, a bit withdrawn, a bit overwhelmed.

Over the weekend I was blessed with two baby showers. One was held at our church and it was such a delight. I can't even begin to tell you how crafty these ladies are. The other was thrown by my Mother-In-Law at my favorite historic building in town. It was gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I came home with scads of little presents for Miss Nora and felt overjoyed with the kindness people have shown. I have spent the last three days organizing, sorting, and putting away her gifts. We had to make room in the basement for overflow diapers and cut the tags off a million little tiny onesies that my sweetie will soon be wearing.

But there is still so much to do. It's funny- she will probably come on time or may be a little late, but I act like she will arrive tomorrow (the scary part is that she actually could come ANY day now). I just have such a urge to get the house cleaned and organized and her room decorated and put together. I want things to be perfect for her arrival (as if she would have any clue).

Tomorrow I get to have yet another ultrasound to check on her growth. I love being able to see her on the screen, to hear her little heartbeat, and watch her wiggle around for the ultrasound tech. It's feeling so real all of a sudden. I am excited and I am terrified. I keep thinking about all the little wishes I have stored up for her, there are just so many. I think about the blessing and the burden of being a parent-what a gift, yet what a responsibility. I think about how much I can't wait to finally meet her- face to face and even be able to one day explain the trials and tribulations of this pregnancy. I can't wait to see what she looks like. I can't wait to see which features she got of Nick's and what features she has of mine. My heart feels so full right now- along with my brain- and most obviously- along with my expanding belly! XO


Source: brides.com via Anna on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment