Monday, September 10, 2012

Perspective During Baby Class

Hi Friends. How was your weekend? Our weekend was full of good things. Saturday and Sunday we had our childbirth classes at the hospital. They weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be, although watching the lovely outdated birth video...wow...I don't even really know what to say about that. Although I probably really wanted to stay ignorant as to the reality of what's about to happen to me, it is probably a good idea to have some sort of clue. I still don't feel afraid of giving birth- don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be a fairly miserable experience, but I have full confidence in the team of doctors, nurses, and support people that will help me get through it.

Friday night I thought I was going out for a small dinner with a few friends. Well, many of my mall co-workers surprised me with a little shower. It was adorable- good food and great friends. Saturday was also a bit of a surprise. I thought I was meeting two former co-workers for dinner and several others co-workers were also there and we had a little make shift shower at one of my favorite mexican restaurants...yum. This weekend I came home with such sweet little gifts for Miss Nora. I love how excited people get over a precious little baby...and I love all the advice you get from ladies who are already Mommas.

We did have a huge dose of perspective during our baby class this weekend. The couple sitting next to us said during their introduction that they were having a c-section. Our instructor asked if they would mind sharing why. They explained that she had to have the baby at The Cleveland Clinic because the baby would be going into heart surgery right after delivery. How is that for perspective. It made all the complications I am going through seem like the smallest problems in the world. It made me realize how truly blessed that we are- that even though there have been some minor complications along the way- it's nothing compared to what some people have to go through. We are blessed beyond measure. XO


1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete