Monday, July 9, 2012

Engagement Session: Kristy & Keith

A few weeks ago I got a text message from my friend Kristy letting me know her boyfriend had just proposed to her on their vacation to Jamestown! Kristy is one in a million- truly one of the most down to earth, kind hearted people you would ever want to know. We met in college- both of us being history dorks majors we ended up taking lots of classes together. We went on two class trips to Williamsburg and Jamestown together and we both fell madly in love with these historic sites.

When Nick and I decided to get married in Jamestown, I knew Kristy wouldn't miss it for the world. Well, turns out she almost did miss it. On the way down her and her Mom got in a bad car accident and her car was totaled. The realization that someone could have died trying to get down to my little wedding was the worst feeling in the world. Thank God they walked away without injuries.

It had been a long while since Kristy and I had gotten together. I got a random text from her a few months ago and we met up for lunch. We caught each other up on all sorts of new things going on in both of our lives- and realized we had both gotten excited about photography. And although Kristy actually knows what she is doing (unlike myself- who doesn't really know what any of the buttons on my camera are for) she was gracious enough to ask me to help her out with some things in the future. Fast forward a few months- her and Keith got engaged and she asked me to do their engagement session (so honored). And then she asked me to be her Matron of Honor! They are getting hitched in April and I can't wait! XO







No comments:

Post a Comment