Monday, June 25, 2012

New for Nora's Room

Hi Friends. This weekend Nick and I finally made strides with Nora's room. Friday Nick emptied out the entire room and tore up the carpeting. The room is so bare, it actually echoes. We weren't sure what condition the wooden floor would be in once the carpet came up, but it doesn't seem too bad. I had really wished that we could just white-wash the floor however I don't think we are going to be that lucky. Instead I think we are just going to sand it and paint it. We have also decided to paint the trim which is currently a natural wood color. We still have so very much to do, but I am so glad we know are working with a blank slate of sorts. And combining offices didn't go as bad as I would have anticipated either. Don't get me wrong, it is an adjustment to give up half my office, but we are making do just fine.

I am still getting my ideas together for the overall look of her nursery. My "Nora's Cafe" print arrived and it is so lovely. I also ordered these fabric storage boxes from Pottery Barn Kids and a sweet print from UUPP's Etsy shop. I want to be sure to keep the room sweet- just not candy coated sickeningly sweet. I know the floor and trim are going to be bright white, but I am still flipping through my Restoration Hardware paint swatches for the wall color. Currently the walls are deep navy- so this is going to completely change the look of the room, which is fun. And upon more stressful bedding searches I came to the conclusion that I simply can't stand any of the options out there. So, my amazing mother has once again come to the rescue and bought a pattern to make the bumper (insert sigh of relief). I am thrilled to be able to pick out my own fabric for this and now I can finally stop complaining because I can have exactly what I want for super cheap. Who knew decorating a little baby's room would be so complex? XO




Source: etsy.com via Anna on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I love the things you've picked out! Can't wait to see some progress!

    p.s. just wanted to let you know I passed along the liebster blog award to you on my blog. don't feel obligated to participate, just wanted to let you know though! :)

    ReplyDelete