Monday, June 11, 2012

Living Room Update

Hello Friends. Moving furniture around the house makes me so happy. I love to change the look of a room without having to necessarily buy anything new (just use what you have in a new way). Last week Nick was actually up to the task of changing up our living room. When we first moved into our house several years ago, I painted the living room walls the palest shade of pink...and at the time I love it. 

Then I met (and fell head over heals in love with) Restoration Hardware. I don't think anything has inspired my decorating taste as much as that beautiful store. As I have talked about over the years, their color palette has now inspired my entire house. Everything we have painted in our house the past year or so has been from their paint line- which was bad news bears for all my pink stuff. 

Back to my update...we had repainted the living room a beautiful shade of cream last year. So, I felt like we had the perfect blank slate. Our living room is not that big and was feeling a little closed in. We had our two couches facing each other, but I decided an L-shape might work better. I wanted interesting textures, accents, and a great sense of cohesion. I focused on vintage pieces (wooden bowls, crocks, industrial carts, etc.) and highlighting the two couches. I didn't want the room to feel full of "stuff" to the point that it felt busy. I really enjoy the more neutral color palette and the slightly more opened up look. The room isn't perfect- there are still a few things I would like to change, but for now I am really loving it. Having the living room all set now has me all amped up to change up the rest of the house and start to get  ready for our new roommate- little Miss Nora! XO
About a year ago...

Current Living Room...

Mix of Pillows

Little Collection of Treasures 

Mico Approves

Vintage Window and WWII Trunk

Vintage Crown Crock

No comments:

Post a Comment