Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liebster Love



Hello Friends! Sometimes I think life in "blogland" can feel a little overwhelming- you can certainly feel like a teeny tiny fish in a great big pond. Sometimes I ask myself why I even blog at all. I know I blog for myself (I really do enjoy it) but then sometimes you realize you are making small connections to people you would otherwise never know and those connections make me really happy. I have been reading Kiri's blog now for months, I have no idea how I even stumbled upon it, but I instantly related to her and truly enjoyed reading about her wedding and her house renovations. This morning I realized she included me (I am pinching myself) in her round of Liebster Blog Awards!


The wonderful Kiri, from My Lovely Life, gave me the Liebster Blog Award! 

Rules...

1. You must link back to the person who gave the award to you (as a small thanks :).
2. Post eleven things about yourself (the version I was given says this, I know some of the other versions don't. It's fun, play along!).
3. Answer the questions the person giving you the award has set for you.
4. Create 11 questions for the people to answer that you have given the award to.
5. Choose people to give the award to and link them in your post.
6. Go to their blog and tell them.
7. You can't give the award back to the blogger who gave it to you

11 random things about me...

1. Deciding to quit my full time job and become a "Homemaker" (soon to revise that title to "Stay At Home Mom") has been the bravest thing I have ever done. 
2. I am striving to be the last person in America on Facebook- really I will never ever open an account and I am pretty sure most people's grandparents even have Facebook accounts.
3. If I could only shop at two clothing stores for the rest of my life- Anthropology and J. Crew would be the ones for me.
4. I have a strong aversion to bugs, gas stations, and ice skates.
5. I only use Essie nail polish. I give myself a manicure once a week and it feels like a splurge.
6. I thought I never wanted children. When God changed my heart on this I was pretty shocked, but now I am over the moon about our little pumpkin on the way!
7. I am still completely smitten by my Husband. 
8. The most rewarding job I ever had was working with adults with Developmental Disabilities. It was one of the greatest honors of my life to serve these folks- who forever changed my heart. 
9. You wouldn't know it now but in High School I was voted "Best Dressed."
10. If I was honest, my diet would consist of cupcakes (chocolate with buttercream frosting), goat cheese (on crusty bread), decaf coffee, and pizza (cheese only) every single day. I wish I could say these were just pregnancy cravings, but that wouldn't be true.
11. My parents divorce was the hardest thing I have ever been through. 

Questions from Kiri..


1. What is your favorite feature on yourself?
Normally this would be a hard one for me, but right now my favorite feature on myself has to be my ever expanding baby "bump." 

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I adore the small town we live in now. If we had to move I would hope it would be a southern state- maybe Virginia. We got married in Virginia and my Hubby graduated with his Masters in Virginia- good things seem to happen for us in that state. Plus, there is something to be said about Southern Hospitality! 

3. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I could sing. I am reminded of this ever Sunday in church- I can't even stand to hear myself. 

4. What's your favorite season?
Summer- I like it hot, hot, hot. 

5. What job would you have if money were no object?
If I could do anything, it would be a combination of interior decorating, event planning, and photography staging. 

6. Your biggest pet peeve?
When people feel the need to lie.

7. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
 I have some really great memories of spending every Thursday with my Grandmother in the summers. She always made me Kraft Mac'n Cheese and we would play card games for hours. She was an amazing lady. 

8. If you had an entire day to yourself what would you do first?
Wish I had a clever answer but honestly, I would catch up on blog posts and spend way too much time on Pinterest.

9. What was your least favorite subject in school?
Can I pick three? Math, Science, & Spanish. 

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself as a stay at home Momma to Nora.

11. Which celebrity's closet would you raid if given the chance?
Nicole Richie- that girl has great style. 

My Questions...

1. What is the last movie you saw? 
2. How would you describe your perfect day?
3. What makes you feel creative?
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
5. Do you have a favorite quote?
6. Do you collect anything?
7. What is your favorite summer activity?
8. When was the last time you cried?
9. What was your very first car?
10. If you could go back, what advice would you give yourself in high school?
11. What is your most favorite quality in your best friend? 


I am passing this award to....

Dondi over at DondaLee's
Courtney over at Honeycomb Creative Company
Janelle over at J.P. Photography
Merissa over at Merissa Cherie 




3 comments:

  1. SO glad you did this! :) I relate to you about feeling like a tiny fish in a big pond with blogging, but it is so great when you "meet" people you relate to. It was fun to learn more about you...I think it's great that you are a homemaker/soon to be stay at home momma, so good for you for being brave and doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, stopping by from Kiri's blog. I just love her blog too, and she shared this special award we me as well. I had never done one of these so I was a little nervous, but wasn't it so much fun? So nice to meet you and learn more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna how sweet of you :) Thank you for thinking of me and my blog. I enjoyed reading your answers. And just like your answer #8 in questions from Kiri, I'd catch up on blogs and image hop on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete