Friday, June 8, 2012

A Gender Reveal & A Name

Hello Friends. So Tuesday we had a great ultrasound appointment. I was completely shocked when a few minutes in the tech told us it was a little girl. I had sworn up and down I was having a little boy- I guess my "mother's intuition" is just a little off! It was so amazing to see her wiggle all around in the ultrasound-it made all of this seem so real. It's just this week that I have started to feel her move which is such an indescribable feeling...wow! All of these things coming together felt almost overwhelming.

After our appointment we went out to breakfast. We didn't touch our phones to call or text anyone. I knew I wanted to have an hour or so to ourselves, to cherish this exciting news just the two of us, before we started the barrage of texts and phone calls. Before we ate Nick prayed for her by name and called her "daughter" for the first time. Oh my, it tugged at my heartstrings. I love love love being able to call her by name.

Speaking of names...I have known for years if we ever were blessed with a baby girl her name would be Nora Grace. I guess it was never a secret, so telling people isn't a big deal to me at all. We have been calling her Nora Noodle since the appointment (and sometimes Wiggle Monster). I just couldn't be more excited about this precious little girl! XO

Ultrasound Pictures

Stork Parking

20 Week Baby Bump
Source: etsy.com via Anna on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. SO exciting! I've been waiting for your announcement! Congratulations :) I've always loved the name Nora...cute, cute! You look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I've been waiting for the announcement on your blog!! Girls are the best and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete