Thursday, February 23, 2012

Things I Heart: Vintage Maps

Hi Friends. How are you? I thought I would reintroduce an idea I had a long time ago on this blog- which was showing you things (objects, products, styles, ideas, concepts...whatever) that I love. Sounds simple enough, right? I think the last time I tried this, it lasted about one post and I raved about Essie nail polish and how it's the only nail polish I use (yep, deep stuff I know). Oh well, let's give it a try again.

So, I love vintage maps...big time! We have a huge old map hanging in Nick's office and it's just perfect in there. We are about to get another vintage map from my mother, who bought this great map that didn't fit where she thought it would (bummer for her, lucky for us). It's going to be hanging in the basement as part of our little overhaul project. I think it's going to look amazing.

I think it would be cool one day to do an entire wall in maps- not only vintage maps but also maps we've picked up from our travels. I know we bought maps in Williamsburg when we were planning our wedding and also in St. Lucia while we were on our honeymoon. I don't really know why I am so drawn to maps- we certainly don't travel very much. I guess maybe in my head they represent the idea of adventure. We met an older couple on our honeymoon that told us every year they vacationed somewhere different. They each took turns, just picking out a place on the map and then began planning their trip. I thought that was so cool. I can't imagine ever having a life like that, and to be truthful, I am sure we never will. So, maybe that's why I like my "adventure" hanging on the wall- of a house that is a home, in which every day is like a mini adventure. XO




No comments:

Post a Comment