Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cats & Dogs & Other Thoughts

Hi Friends. How is your week coming along? I am glad the weekend is on the horizon. It's been a long week. My resignation was officially announced to the office today at a staff meeting. Such a weird feeling, it all of a sudden felt so final. I have received an outpouring of support, which almost made things harder. Realizing how much your co-workers appreciated you and your efforts makes leaving them feel impossible. I have the best co-workers in the world.You can't stay at a job just because you adore your co-workers, however they have helped me get through many days.

 I got to have one really great conversation with a girl today, who cried when she found out I was leaving. I shared my heart with her and the reasons why I needed to go. Then I got to thinking about the things I am really looking forward to. I am really praying that I will be able to take a month or two where I don't have to work. I want to clean my house, get into a better scripture reading routine, spend time in prayer, get my butt on the treadmill, try new recipes, and just sort of figure myself out. I am not the wife, friend, or daughter that I wish I was. I have the best husband in the whole world and I really can't wait to take the time and energy to show him this. I can't wait to have supper on the table to welcome him home. I want our home to be a place he can't wait to get back to. I can picture it all in my head, I just have to be sure to not let the anxiety about money get in the way.

On another topic...cats and dogs. On Thanksgiving, Mom thought we could get some good shots of her pets with their Christmas outfits on. Have you ever tried to take a decent picture of a cat and dog together wearing Christmas outfits....I declare it is impossible. We did get lots of laughs out of the photo session, although I swear the pets look humiliated! Here are Otis and Chuck...what a pair! XO


Chuck...his little tail looks like a candy cane.

Otis...so embarrassed by his Santa hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment