Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Favorite Trade

Monday was manic and I couldn't wait to get home. When I pulled in the driveway there was a box in the door. I knew immediately what this special delivery was! You see, my amazing friend Jessica occasionally makes a trade with me. She will look at my etsy shop and decide that she would like something. At this point I get very excited because I know I get to request something back from her. Here is the thing, I really make out on the situation, because lovely miss Jessica is just about the most talented person I know! I met her about five years ago. My friend worked at the salon Jessica used to own and got me a hair appointment. Little did I know, during that first hair cut, that this would become a lifelong friend. Every time Jessica did my hair I joked that she gave me "Victoria Secret" hair...it was wonderful. She also carried a fabulous line of make-up that she would test on me. Awhile back Jessica moved to Washington State and part of my heart went with her. Thankfully we kept in touch through emails...and eventually she set up her own little blog (click here to visit).

So, this time, I traded Jessica a pillow and a vintage baby doll quilt for a mountain of cards and a personalized notebook. Jessica has always gotten my style. Even with my hair, I would just sit down in her chair and tell her to do whatever she wanted. I always trusted her. So, it was so fun to tell her to make me some pretty things. As I opened the box I found each card more beautiful than the next. This girl could put hallmark out of business. And the notebook was perfect...I have been meaning to journal more and now I have such a pretty excuse. But beyond the massive amount of talent, Jessica is one of the kindest, sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. I adore her and I am so blessed to be able to call her my friend! XO








2 comments:

  1. Thank you Anna- I feel blessed to have you in my life, and as my friend:) I am so glad you enjoyed your pkg. and what a nice post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you two are adorable ^^ Jessica seems to have many talents. She did a fab job with these! :) I enjoyed reading this post. Very heart warming ^^.

    ReplyDelete