Monday, June 6, 2011

Photo Challenge Day Six (Hallway Makeover)

Hello friends. Well it's Monday again...why is it that the weekends go by so quickly? It just doesn't quite seem fair. Anyways, todays photo challenge theme is "from a low angle." I don't think I got real creative here with the first photo, but it's a good lead in to show you the changes I have made to my hallway. This was one of the only areas of the house we hadn't painted before we moved in. The wallpaper was neutral, but ugly. We had no stair railing and it's a pretty decent incline. I was just all around not happy with it. However, I had no idea the mess we were getting into when we decided to tear down the wallpaper. The reason they must have put it up in the first place was because the wall had lots of damage. So once the paper came down, we had to patch and mud the walls. It was a long process, but in the end, I am very happy with it. Eventually we are going to make this a gallery style hallway and fill it with family photos and fun art work. XOXO

From a low angle

Before

Neutral but ugly

Added the handrail

Repairing the walls

"Flax" from Restoration Hardware

Even Mico likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment