Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hallway Painting (& a new treasury)

'Dessert Buffet' by NavarreCharm


PRINTABLE Party Cir...
$12.00

Vintage 1940s ruste...
$50.00

I Love You More tha...
$3.00

Drink Stirrers, Cup...
$0.90

Organic Brown Sugar...
$10.00

CUPCAKES SHABBY CHI...
$49.99

White Velvet Butter...
$15.00

Fresh Strawberry Ma...
$9.00

Tea and Cake Neckla...
$29.00

Reserved for little...
$29.95

Wedding bird cake t...
$39.00

Featured in BOHO Ma...
$11.95

Let them eat Cake Q...
$15.00

Love is Sweet Cupca...
$5.00

I Love You More Tha...
$25.00

Les petites douceur...
$35.00

Good afternoon friends. Our streets are lined with garage sales, but we have officially decided to call it quits for the weekend. Nick is writing his last paper for this quarter of school...a twenty page paper that he waiting until the very last moment to start! Oh my. And I have a whole list of house projects to start on. Having a garage sale, for some reason, makes you want to sort and get rid of even more stuff.  There are moments, when people are buying your stuff for pennies on the dollar, that you realize it's all just "stuff." There were points yesterday when I really wanted to feel bad about how much money I had spent on certain objects that I was now selling for dirt cheap....but then I realized, I had to cut my losses and be more discerning about what I bring into my home from this point forward. 

My Mom and Step Dad came over this morning to help us finally get our hallway painted. We had torn down the wallpaper months ago. In doing so, we realized why they had put the wallpaper up in the first place...the walls were a mess. They all needed fixed. However once we got them smoothed out, we ran out of energy to actually paint them. So, now they are a lovely color from Restoration Hardware called Flax. The plan is to cover the walls with family photos and art work. I love that look in a hallway, where the whole thing feels like a gallery. Well friends, I hope you are able to have an extra sweet Saturday (enjoy the yummy images from the treasury above,,,yum)! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love a gallery hallway too. My grandmother has her hallway like that. I always use the bathroom in the back of the house so I can stop by and look at all the old and new family photos.

    ♥Andrea

    ReplyDelete