Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice Storm: Day 3

 Good morning my friends! I awoke to a very pleasant surprise this morning...no work again! It turns out the power has been off in our building since Tuesday! So, this is my third day off in a row, a girl could really get used to this! I have read that it's 8 bitter degrees outside, but the sky is finally blue and the sun is shining bright!

I wanted to share with you a new year's resolution of mine. I usually don't make any resolutions because then I feel so guilty a few days in, when I have already broken them! But this resolution is a little different and very achievable.

I have read blogs and magazine articles where people create something every day...and I think that is brilliant. However with my hectic job and my  packed schedule, that's just not going to work for me. So, I have decided to create something every week and document it. And by create, it could mean so many things, it could be baking cookies for my husband, painting a picture, making a collage, taking photos of something lovely, a house project, etc. Just something that makes me feel creative.

This week I decided to make up a few cards. They are specifically for my amazing mother. I am such a fan of handmade cards...and a hand written note inside. In the age of emails and texts, I love the sentiments from someone personally, and I love having something I can touch and treasure. Well friends, I am off to enjoy this wonderful day off...hopefully I will get some more crafting done...it just feels good for my soul. XOXO

P.S. I hate to boast, but I am going to do it anyways! The "A Little Sizzle" treasury I created made it all the way to the front page of Etsy! I was so thrilled!





No comments:

Post a Comment