Saturday, January 22, 2011

Food for Thought

While Nick was hard at work on his sermon for tomorrow, I decided to bake him a batch of gluten free m&m peanut butter cookies...yum! Home made cookies have to be one of life's best pleasures. Simple yet delicious...gotta love that!

And with this post comes a confession...drumroll please... more than anything, I want to be a "homemaker." I realize this concept isn't so popular right now. And I do believe, with all my heart, that women can be anything they want. I know we are encouraged to climb the corporate ladder and strive for success. But what I keep asking myself is, what defines success? I have a good job right now, it pays well and has lots of benefits (thank you county government). However, it leaves me feeling passionless. And when I think about the things that make me feel truly happy, those thoughts often are centered around home. I want to cook, clean, and create. I wonder, am I alone in feeling this way? Just a few generations ago, women would never have dreamed of working outside the home. Didn't families seem better off then? All of this has been stirring in my heart for weeks. We aren't in any sort of position to act on these feelings right now...but I guess it can just be food for thought! Maybe someday I will get there...a girl can dream, can't she? XOXO





Oh, yum!

1 comment:

  1. i dreamed of being a homemaker for years and years before it happened for me. I used to be the main financial provider for our family while my husband finished school. Don't ever give up!

    ReplyDelete