Friday, December 17, 2010

The Belgian Roll Arm Sofa

Happy Friday my friends! Hopefully you have had a good week. Can you believe Christmas in just a little over a week away? I don't know where the days have gone. I still have decorating to do, garland to make, and a family party to plan! Oh my, oh my! I have to keep telling myself to just put one foot in front of the other...it will all get done. Nick finishes up his quarter at school tonight, so once his Hebrew paper is in, we can breathe a sigh of relief. And I have been so busy building up overtime at work, I don't even know what to do with it all.

Anyways, I talked so much about my new sofa, but never got around to posting pictures of it. I guess I was waiting, hoping that I would magically have the time to paint the living room (a wonderful rich color called "flax"), then get new curtains, and finally find all the perfect accessories. Then reality hit! There will be time for none of the above...maybe in January? So, here it is....the lovely Belgian Roll Arm Sofa from Restoration Hardware...all of eight feet long and 47 inches deep. We live on this sofa. We eat dinner here most nights, snuggle up and watch movies here, when I bring work home, this is where it gets done. It was a splurge, but I believe it was worth the investment. And, God willing, it will be paid off next month! Thanks for taking a look friends...have a wonderful weekend! XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Do you have the down filled version of the Belgian roll arm sofa? If so, how do you think it's held up both in looks and comfort?

    We're thinking about getting this couch but I'm not sure about the down.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. We do have the down filled version. My problem with the down is that a few months in the feathers started coming out- not a ton of feathers, but enough that there always seems to be a feather on the living room floor. The other issue is that it is very cushy- at sometimes I almost wish it was a bit more firm.

      My husbands biggest complaint about this sofa- the bottom huge cushion (which is one large piece) is always shifting its way forward and needs readjusted all the time- which is annoying.

      But as far as looks- it's gorgeous and I have not seen a better looking sofa out there. We sit on this sofa every evening and the fabric seems like it will hold up forever. Please let me know if you have any more questions- I would love to answer them. :)

      -Anna

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your response! We're going to check it out at a RH store in Denver. I am thinking we may go with the standard cushions as long as they're soft enough. One more question...do you have the 'Belgian Linen' standard fabric or a different one?
    Thanks! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela. We did go with the Belgian Linen- not only did I really like the color, but I am thinking it either cost more to do other colors or it was going to take longer in production (keep in mind they do make this thing in China and have to ship it over- so it does take a little while to actually receive). Good luck in your search for the perfect sofa- and please let me know if you have any other questions!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete