Sunday, November 21, 2010

The First Snow

A few weeks ago Nick and I decided to go on a mini retreat. Right now everything feels warp speed. I have been working overtime every day at work and see no end in sight. Nick has had increased responsibilities at Smucker's, a full semester in Seminary (he's learning Hebrew right now...oh my), and challenges with his new pastoral role. When life gets this busy, it's hard to have time to enjoy anything. We literally had to take a step back from the rush of it all.

We decided to head to Amish Country, to one of our favorite hotels, "The Carlisle Inn". We left after work on a Friday and only spent one night, but I have to tell you, it was exactly what we needed. For one lovely night, there was no thought of our jobs, or school work, or to-do lists. We ignored our cell phones and didn't dare turn on the tv. We shared a yummy meal and then relaxed by the fireplace in our room. It was wonderful! When we awoke in the morning, there was a fresh coating of snow (and it was the only kind of snow that I actually like, the kind that melts away as afternoon approaches)! As Thanksgiving draws near, I have to remind myself to slow down, take in the simple things, and count each and every blessing in my life. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment