Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For the Love of Paint - Take 2


Hello Friends! Last weekend Nick and I were fortunate enough to get free tickets to an Ohio State football game. What an interesting experience. I have to say Ohio State has to have some of the most passionate fans.  It was a really fun experience. However, since I am not so much of a football fan, Nick agreed that we could head to Restoration Hardware after the game (lucky me!)

Our living room is currently the palest shade of pink imaginable. We painted every room in our house, in  a weekend, just before we moved in. I really thought this was the perfect living room color, and it was, for awhile. Since we got our new lovely couch, I have really been thinking of ways to make the room a little less feminine and a bit more moody. I knew painting was a must.

We stood in the middle of Restoration Hardware and gazed at all the gallons of paint. How could a girl choose? I love every color of their carefully edited pallet, so I knew I couldn't go wrong, but I wanted to be sure the mood would feel just right. We landed on "Flax" and I must say it's a stretch for me. I tend to really appreciate lighter colors, but there is something about the warmth of this color, that just seems so perfect for fall. I have no idea when we will actually get around to painting the living room, but when we do, I am confident I will appreciate taking a little step away from my comfort zone.

XOXO,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment