Monday, October 4, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things - Little Indulgences


I am sure it sounds absurd to some of you, but painting my nails feels like such a sweet indulgence. I used to work in direct care with developmentally disabled individuals. We washed our hands a hundred times a day, so really, there was no sense in prettying up my hands. Usually once a week I would paint the clients nails, which was so much fun, they loved to be pampered and I loved pampering them. When that job ended, I decided it was time to pamper my own hands. My favorite polish by far is the brand Essie.  I like it so much that it has become the only polish that I will use. I love that J. Crew is carrying it now. It's funny, how such a simple thing as painting your nails once a week, can make you feel like a million bucks. I hope your week is starting off well my friends. I will be back soon with a funny story about my new sofa (hint: it gets delivered on Friday and we just realized that it's not going to fit through our front door!)

XOXO,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment