Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I am going to start a new series entitled "A Few of My Favorite Things." The purpose of this series is to share the little things in life that make me extra happy. To start this series, I want to tell you about our time at The Country Living Fair. Friday morning, my mother and I packed up the car and headed south. This was our third year at The Country Living Fair and we couldn't have been more excited. It was a hot sweaty 92 degree day, not what you would expect from a fall day in Ohio. It was packed. I always am amazed when I walk through the parking lot and see all the different license plates, people come from all over the country. Right away my mom found some treasures. I just enjoyed taking in all the creative energy around me. I love to see how the venders set up their booths and what products they display. At the end of the day, I shockingly, didn't buy a thing. However, I was so grateful to have been there to experience it. I have such a deep respect for the artist  who share their goods there. We met some incredibly kind venders. One vendor was so charmed by mom and I that she asked to take our picture! I was so surprised, this lovely vendor, with gorgeous homemade goods, very successful, wanted to our picture! We did get a lot of attention this year...and I know it was because of the cart we were pulling behind us. Mom made the lining for this cart out of a vintage potato sack and vintage fabric. It was the best dressed cart there! She is just so talented! So even though I left the fair empty handed, this adventure is still one of my favorite things...and I can't wait to go next year!

XOXO,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment