Monday, August 2, 2010

Restless

Sunday morning Nick used a quote in his sermon from Augustine. This quote struck me like a freight train. The paraphrased version goes something like this, "Our hearts are restless until they rest in Christ." How this quote echos my life right now. It seems so easy to get caught up in all the "stuff" and at times feel not only restless but down right discontent. These words bring everything into perspective, they remind me that I can only rest assured if I rest in Christ. How often I make plans for my life and prefer only to rely upon myself. Rather if I looked to God and trusted in His provision and His perfect will for my life (not my own idea of what my perfect little life should look like) things would probably be a whole lot more simple. It's a tough lesson to learn and an even tougher lesson to live out. Thank goodness that God is more patient with me than I can be towards Him.

XOXO,
Anna

(Pretty little creative image found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment