Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Table

So, here are a few pictures of our new dining room table. It amuses me to no end. We had been searching and searching for just the right table, but I just never felt satisfied with our choices. On our last trip to American Furnishings, we stumbled upon this beauty. It's leather topped...wildly impractical, but oh so gorgeous. Better yet, there is a neat story behind this table.

There used to be a chain of stores called Ruehl, they were owned by Abercrombie and Fitch. When the Columbus store went out of business, they contacted American Furnishings and asked them if they would like to purchase any of their displays. So, American Furnishings purchased this table top from Ruehl and placed it on the base that they build here in middle America. And voila! The table came with built in scratches and dings, therefore already possessed charm and character.

Around the table we have placed four David T. Smith chairs (on loan from my mother, as his work is far beyond my pay grade!), and two wire chairs from American Furnishings. The wire chairs create a very eclectic scene. The huge rug in the picture is from Pottery Barn, which the Columbus store just happened to have in stock, even though they don't normally carry 9x12's.

Ever since we moved into our house two years ago, I have struggled with the dining room. I just couldn't wrap my head around a space meant only for eating. I rearranged furniture a dozen times but just couldn't seem to get the look I was going for. Well, I finally feel like the room is coming together....it's been a long process, but it's been worth the wait! Have a great weekend friends!

XOXO,
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment