Friday, June 4, 2010

Bittersweet

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! Let's catch up, shall we? Last weekend was a lot of fun. Saturday we visited my favorite antique mall and they were having a sale. We scored an amazing industrial cart for a steal (I will post pictures soon). Sunday we headed down to Columbus. The first order of business was American Furnishings. This is a store that makes my heart absolutely race. After six months of searching out the perfect dinning room table, we finally settled on one from here. They deliver it Wednesday! We spent the rest of the weekend at Easton, where we hunted for bargains at J. Crew, saw a movie, had dinner at P.F. Changs, and ended the evening with dark chocolate coconut cheesecake at The Cheese Cake Factory...yum!

Yesterday was my last day at my current employer. It was so bittersweet. I found out two weeks ago that I got a position with our county's Board of Developmental Disabilities. I will be stepping into an actual career, which is thrilling. However, I have been working in direct care for a little over a year. During that year I have truly grown to cherish and adore the clients that attend our workshop, they have become some of my dearest friends. Yesterday there were lots of crying as I said my goodbye's. My co-workers were so kind and supportive. They got me a huge cake and sent me off with love and encouragement. Leaving a job is so hard. Where you work becomes such a huge part of your identity. There was somehow, so much comfort in the madness of direct care. Monday I start something so different from what I am used to. Wish me luck!

XOXO,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment