Monday, April 26, 2010

Rejoice

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4: 4-7)

It can seem so easy to "rejoice" when things are going well, but how about when you feel unsure? How about when things get hard? How about when life doesn't go as planned?

The apostle Paul, in Philippians, states very clearly, "Rejoice in the Lord always." That doesn't just mean when the flowers are blooming and life seems lovely. It means rejoice when the skies are gray and the future feels uncertain.

This is a lesson heavy on my heart right now. After a long, dark, and frosty winter, Spring bursts through with a chance at renewal and a chance to refresh. Change is coming, I can feel it lurking around the corner.

Life feels hard right now. Things are busy, a bit too busy. Things seem stressful. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get done all the things I wish to accomplish. However, I must learn to rejoice and trust that God will provide and take complete care of me. There is such a comfort in knowing that I don't have to have it all together, that I can leave that talent to God.

XOXO,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Anna this verse reminds me of the song I used to sing in church as a child. It's so refreshing to come across it here.
    I also like, from the book of Philippians, Philippians 4:8 ...whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE, if anything is EXCELLENT or PRAISEWORTHY, think about such things.
    This verse, I keep on a heart shaped post-it note taped to my computer monitor. The Bible has so much inspiration and words of wisdom. Thank you for this lovely post of yours. It puts a smile in my heart (^•^)

    ReplyDelete