Saturday, April 17, 2010

Confessions of a Former Shopaholic

There was once a time, in what seems like a lifetime ago, that I was a shopaholic. I worked in retail for nearly eight years, so shopping was nearly a daily activity for me. I always seemed to want the newest and the best, even if it meant lots and lots of credit card debt. However no sooner did I acquire a new item, that the same item became old news to me. I did not love or value most of the things I was purchasing, I was just an out of control consumer. Well, I am glad to say those days are long behind me. I have learned my place and my limits. Instead of buying clothing at Saks, I go to the sale rack at Target. Instead of Gucci heels, I wear flip flops. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy a good shopping trip, but now I am usually hunting for a bargain pillow or the perfect yard of fabric. All this to say, I have put some items on Ebay. Part of me was still holding onto a few of my old fancy things, when really they just aren't "me" anymore. It's time to pass these items off to someone who might enjoy them...

XOXO,
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment